Monday, July 6, 2009

Back to school

It's 11.55 p.m. at the moment. Just got up almost an hour ago. Tired. Exhausted. Took a light dinner and here I am, facing the laptop screen with my fingers tapping on the keyboard. I felt a sense of fatigue in me. I wonder how long I can take the immense pressure. Though today was the first day of classes, I've already felt the strong presence of this very subjective term, stress. In addition, work has not been easy either. The jittery "vigil-ed" in me though I have tried to keep calm and remorse. The positive side of it, I am glad that I didn't flare my temper at work.

Realizing that I was going to be late for my class, I suggested to that particular person that I will simplify the documents without leaving out any data. But I was taken aback when I was asked to re-do the document as she needs to present it out. Looking at my watch, I knew that I will definitely be late on the first day. Anyways, I re-do it according to the specifications given and leave the office as soon as I can. Sped all the way home, grab whatever that is on the dining table and drove over for classes.

By the time I reached the entrance, I was already late. Found my way to the faculty and without any hesitation, entered the hall for the first lecture. I was 15 minutes late and luckily the professor was not annoyed by my entrance. Took a back seat and observed around. It has been almost 7 months since I left UTAR, and right now, I am back to studying again. I found myself amazed by the number of adult learners. Yes, it is never too late to step into higher education. My course mates, most of them are working adults with GLCs give me a sense of adulthood in a way. I don't deny the fact that I reached adulthood years ago, but the fact that you'll be studying in a different environment with different kinds of mindset enhances my curiosity. I really can't wait to see and understand how these new faces would share their knowledge and experiences with me.

Anyhow, classes ended earlier today. First days were mostly orientation and get-to-know sessions. Went home after it finished. Took my shower, online for a while..and I am off to my bed. I am tired.

But still, I wonder what lies ahead of me tomorrow. Another adventure to pursue. I just can't wait.

2 comments:

Moon Foon said...

wow, I feel excited after reading your post, wonder how my first class will be?haha

-Aggie Lai- said...

I am sure you will be amazed by it. Trust me :)